Ahoy mates and welcome aboard! Today’s shore leave finds us visiting the wonderful Considerer herself, Lizzi!! I have threatened to contribute to her blog hop Ten Things of Thankful for awhile now but just never seemed to get it done, until today! So sit back, raise a pint of your favorite libation and listen to me tale.
1. Friends to give me a swift kick in the ass to get me back to my writing! With notes of encouragement or flat out challenges, it seems to be working. I have managed to make more posts the past couple of weeks because of them.
2. My dear darling son’s love of music. Namely MY music such as Aerosmith and the like. Makes the drive back and forth to school and anywhere else we go a little more bearable!
3. Support of family, many I have not actually seen in years. This is a grudging “Thank you” to Facebook.
4. The beauty that is the piece of property we live on in the woods of Central Florida.
5. Support of friends and family with suggestions on jobs-both the online ones and the 9-5 variety.
6. Being married to an old fart, umm, older gent whomis old enough to retire and collect Social Security (however much longer that will last). Makes unemployment a little less panic inducing.
7. My dear darling hubby’s barn/man cave where he can hang out and give me some piece and quiet during the day.
8. The wonderful tomato and pepper plants that my hubby and his buddy Johnny are growing. They are thriving and producing lots of veggies! Almost time for a homemade salsa!! Yum!
9. OMG I almost forgot,! Mountain Dew Baja Blast is now available everywhere (almost) and not just at Taco Hell. The only 2 flavors I like are Voltage and Baja Blast. Now I don’t have to put up with bad food for a good drink.
10. To all the pirates who made great rum available all over the world. Until I can get to the Caribbean and find myself a tiki bar at the end of a pier to call my own, here’s to the Captains and wenches that made rum a household staple! Well, at least it is in mine!!
Thanks to Lizzi and her thankful band for putting up with us plundering the blogs for laughter and inspiration.