Ahoy mates and wenches. Today’s shore leave finds us visiting the very talented, very funny Terrye Toombs. Some of you may know her from Facebook writer’s groups, her recently departed blog or other social media. I meet her many months ago on a content site called Bubblews. She cracked me up on a regular basis and we stuck up a friendship.
She had asked me to write a guest post when she was trying to revive her blog which has since died a “horrible, tragic, gory and slightly bloody death”. So sorry we could not save it, it was quite entertaining. In the next few months, I started this blog and was asked to repost this in her honor. So without further ado, here is……
10 reasons I’m (not) afraid of Terrye Toombs.
Terrye wanted this post to be 10 reasons I’m afraid of Terrye but I couldn’t write that because, frankly, I’m not! So I suggested adding the (not) or the sub-title “How cool is that?” That title fits into why I’m not afraid of her! So this post will be a little bit of both. The cool reasons I’m not afraid of Terrye!
1. She is a fierce, vocal advocate for her son! All mothers SHOULD be but sadly they aren’t. You should be afraid of her only if you challenge anything about her son but I respect and support her for it!!
2. She lived in Alaska! I think that’s cool as hell, well except in the winter when it’s colder than a well digger’s ass! If you can live in Alaska, you are tough and I always want tough people on my side!
3. She is a straight shooter and I’m not just talking about her weapons aim. She will tell it like it is, straight up! You will know where you stand and that’s also the kind of person I want to be around!
4. She has a warped, twisted, wicked, sense of humor! I admire that in a person!
5. She’s a whiskey girl! Crown Royal to be exact!! She is a lady who deserves a crown on her head and some in a glass! No wimpy, girly wine for her. Give her a shot! I myself am a pirate and as such prefer rum! My Captain awaits! Captain Morgan that is!
6. She a Star Wars fan girl!! She is working on teaching her pet Sasquatch to talk like Chewbacca but it’s been slow going so far.
7. She loves animals and especially horses! Horses are good judges of people so if you are a horse person, in my book you’re good people.
8. Along with horses come cowboys!! No stupid not the football team! The real ones who know how to rope, ride and are always up for a rodeo! Damn those Wrangler Jeans!!
9. Her knowledge of zombies!! She would be a valuable asset in the event of a zombie apocalypse! I would be afraid of what she would do to a zombie!! Be careful though. If you get on her bad side she might use you as a sacrifice to hold them off!
10. And the final reason I’m not afraid of Terrye is you can’t bullshit a bullshitter! She might talk a little smack but she will see through flat out bullshit!!
And those,my friends, are the cool reasons I’m not afraid of our mutual friend, Terrye!