ahoy there and welcome to July!! I decided to make an appearance this week and see if I can’t spread a little pirate happiness around the blogosphere.
So here goes, in no particular order.
1. Thankful for getting a few paying freelance jobs! Elance and Fiverr are a couple of nice sites to get your name out there and make your online presence known!
2. Thankful that just as my writing is starting to pick up, I also was able to get a part-time job to help out between the good and the bad weeks. Working part-time will still give me time for writing so I see it as a win-win!
3. Thankful my SUV (or anyone else’s vehicle) was not parked underneath one of our large oak trees when it decided to drop an very large branch!
4. Thankful for said branch for providing a fire pit full of wood for a weekend bonfire!
5. Thankful for naturally curly hair and a talented hairdresser to cut it so it’s cool for the weather and easy to take care of for work!
6. Thankful my dear darling knucklehead didn’t hurt himself seriously when he fell off our back porch steps. It was early in the morning and not completely light out yet. He decided to let everyone sleep in and go to breakfast at the local diner and check in with the guys. Why he didn’t turn the outside light on I have no idea but I heard the door open moments after he left with him moaning, I fell! So much for me sleeping in. I helped brush him off and off he went again!
7. Thankful the neighborhood fireworks didn’t bother my neighbor’s livestock. He has a pregnant female cow so we didn’t want a firecracker calf in the middle of the night!
8. Thankful my friend down the street seems to be responding well to treatments for her ovarian cancer. She had surgery but is still having to do chemo. So far, so good!
9. Thankful my hubby has reconnected with his youngest daughter and that she lives close enough that we will be able to see her from time to time.
10. Thankful for wonderful support from fellow bloggers! I know I have mentioned this before but it bears repeating. I’ve got a couple of guest posts in the works and I am always thankful for the encouragement I get from other more talented writers!!
And there you have it!! 10 wonderful, thankful tidbits!!